Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Advance Gift

Hello dear friends. If you could still remember from my previous posts... May is my birthmonth...which means I'm entitled to spend, haha. Well, this does not really qualify as a "splurge" as yet:
I was over at Michael's and Joann Fabrics recently. I found that Snag Nab It that I read from CraftyCat's blog (I'm so sorry guys, I don't know how to create a link yet). Thanks to her, it won't be difficult now to rid of those threads that keep popping out from underneath the fabric. I just can't wait to use it (but for your ultimate blogging experience, I had to wait, haha).
And if you notice, all my projects are done on 14 count aida. Never stitched on anything smaller or any other fabric. So I grabbed some 16count aida to train on. I'm eyeing some charts on the net that could use a smaller count (that's where the splurge will come from, teehee!) Hopefully I would get the hang of it (stitching that is, not the splurging).
Thanks for visiting. Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

  1. Nice start on your stash. I always buy my fabric from Michaels. I use 28ct on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great stash haul :)) Happy stitching to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the 16 ct aida. I have used it for a couple of small projects, but it is just too small for me so I will stick with 14 ct for larger projects:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And by the way, how I wish, wish wish we had cross stitch stores like that here in Sweden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I think you will have no problems at all on the 16ct.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new stash!! Enjoy using your new gadget and practicing stitching on smaller fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious what you'll conjure up on your new materials . I also have very long to 14ct . Aida embroidered and have at some point tried me on a smaller canvas , and now it's so much fun that I hardly on 14ct . sticke . Let's see if it wird..smile you also be made soon so ...
    Dearest greetings from distant Germany Your Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great splurge! I love 32ct fabric, the equivalent of 16ct aida, I made the switch from aida about 8 years ago and won't ever look back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, as a birthmonth husbands aren't allowed to "tsk" in our direction as we buy whatever our hearts desire, right~? I do not have a Micheal's or JoAnns close, although there is a Hobby Lobby within an hour. Maybe it is better that they're far away. :D

    As for creating a link, this page help might help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on treating yourself to some new stash!
    To make a link, you need to click on the word "link" which is next to the insert photo icon at the top of the blog post box. Then you type the name you want the link to have (Crafty Cat) in the top box and paste the link address into the second box. And OK it.
    Also, did you get my message about leaving my 8000th comment? Please email me!

    ReplyDelete